StatisticsNovember 10, 2020 2021-01-28 10:46
- Statistics designed to provide students with the basic concepts of data analysis and statistical computing.
- Topics covered include basic descriptive measures, measures of association, probability theory, confidence intervals, and hypothesis testing.
- The main objective is to provide students with pragmatic tools for assessing statistical claims and conducting their own statistical analyses.
Course Learning Objectives (CLO)
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
In terms of knowledge:
- Demonstrate their understanding of descriptive statistics by practical application of quantitative reasoning and data visualization
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the basics of inferential statistics by making valid generalizations from sample data
In terms of skills
- Use R and Excel to conduct statistical analysis
- Recognize pitfalls in using statistical methodology
In terms of attitudes, students should develop in this course:
- Critical attitudes, which are necessary for “life-long learning”
- Greater appreciation for the importance of statistical literacy in today’s data rich world